Sunday, November 13, 2011

on having the world at your feet

Today I got out the wonderful Tarot of the Thousand and One Nights.  The artwork in this deck is stunning and I thought I’d share with you one of my favourite cards.  I have included it with and without the borders because every time I look at this deck I wish the images were larger.  The scenes are fantastical and magical and I just want to dive right in.


The Two of Wands is simply incredible.  If there was ever a better card representing the excitement of what lies ahead I‘d like to see it.  Here the world is literally at my feet and the view is breathtaking.  There is a sense of mystery and possibility and it hangs in the air tempting me to continue my journey onwards.  I almost believe I have wings and could just soar out into the void and follow the rivers as they wind into the distance.  The card gives a sense of the real joy of being alive and inspires me to reach out for whatever dreams I choose to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I love this deck and I love this card. The two of wands, (especially when next to the three of wands) can be a bit of an odd one to interpret, but this one is effortless. I love how it gives an overall view from a dizzy height. That sense you get when very high up and looking down and it feels like you're actually looking at a map. With this card there is a need to see everything from above, clearly taking yourself out of the scene.

    ReplyDelete